Ernst Heinrichsen

First established in Germany in 1839, when Ernst Heinrichsen was granted a license for ‘lead cast children’s toys’ by the Nuremberg authorities, three generations of the Heinrichsen family have engraved some 16,000 different tin representations of the events of the time from military to civilian figures. The majority of ‘cultural history’ 30mm figures were created after 1900. With the death of the founder’s son Ernst Wilhelm Heinrichsen in December 1938 no new forms were engraved.