the 'Nippy' was the name of the waitresses from Lyons Corner Houses - a well-known chain of all-day cafes in the west end of London, which were in their heyday in the late 1920s, 1930s and 1940s. Their name came from the waitresses' habit of swiftly "nipping" back and forth between tables and counter.
This Pixyland Kew depiction of the Nippy waitress is wearing their distinctive black uniform with white apron and hat and holding a blue box of Joe Lyons & Co. chocolates in her outstretched right hand. This is the second Pixyland Kew version from circa 1935 and has the correct tan brown base with the name NIPPY moulded into the base still faintly visible
in very good original condition with only very minor paint loss